I hate the term "basic". It's not a nice way to judge a book by it's cover. And don't even get me started on "basic white girl". Off of a first glance, I would be someone who most people probably put into the category of a basic white girl. I wear Ugg boots, I have a North Face, I almost every weekend wear leggings as pants, I take selfies with my Starbs. But if you got to know me, you'd know there's plenty of things I don't enjoy that a basic bitch may.
- I don't like Adele. I enjoyed her carpool karaoke with James Cordon and I kinda like that new song, but really she isn't my cup of tea.
- I HATE ALL THINGS PUMPKIN AND PUMPKIN SPICE. You will NEVER see #PSL on my IG...ever!
- I don't find Ryan Gossling remotely attractive. Like at all. And I don't really enjoy The Notebook either. In fact, I only own it on DVD because I gifted it to an ex-bf for Valentine's Day one year, cause he liked Gossling so much.
- I'm not a member of the Beehive. I like some Beyonce songs, but she doesn't really do it for me.
- Pizza. There are so many memes and IG posts about pizza > everything. Not for me, in fact, I don't really like pizza.
- Converse. Okay, this one isn't really a "basic" thing, but they are so narrow they don't fit my feet.
So the point of all of this is, if you like those things, great. But let's stop referring to one another as basic, when really you don't know what's in my Starbucks cup ;) and don't have the right to judge my book by it's cover, xo!