- Always have a few bottles of Merlot and Pinot Grigio on hand. These two wines are always crowd pleasers since neither are too harsh on the palate.
- For the Merlot, open and let breathe for 5-10 minutes before drinking. I recommend opening and then setting the table. That way you won't be standing around waiting for it to be ready!
- For the Pinot, if you haven't chilled it ahead of time, have no fear, I have a trick for that! Pop the wine in a bucket with cold water and some ice cubes. Now add the magic ingredient- a few pinches of salt! The salt will help the ice melt quicker, which will chill the wine in 1/2 the time!
- Plate chargers are an inexpensive way to jazz up any table setting. I love these from Target
- White lights! It doesn't matter what time of year it is, white lights can instantly change the lighting in the room. Grab a couple of boxes after Christmas, when they're majorly discounted and you're good to go!
- If you are a candle lover like me, go with one scent when you're having people over. If you keep all of the scents in each room the same, you'll make the atmosphere more inviting. Don't forget one in the bathroom!!
- Make a punch or a sangria and throw it in a punch bowl. This way you won't get stuck pouring drinks all night or worse one of your guests won't up on bartender duty.
- Have a go to party makeup look. This way if you get a last minute invite, you won't have to spend time learning the latest Jaclyn Hill tutorial .
- Going off the last tip, find your perfect shade of lipstick. Even if you are in a complete rush, you can throw your go to on and be instantly ready to head out the door! My perfect Christmas red is MAC's Prepare for Pleasure
- Sparkles can make you look like you planned this outfit weeks in advanced. I love these two sweaters-here & here that are party ready!
- Grab a couple of bottles Champagne that are on sale the next time you're out. They make a great hostess gift and the host will appreciate that you gave them something they can use for NYE!
- Giving your favorite wine as a gift is also another go to tip for me. One-you'll know that there will be something you like and two-you can always make plans with the host to go back and drink it another time. It's like a guaranteeing a second hang out!
Do you have any party tips for surviving the parties this time of year? I'd love to hear your best ones down in the comments, xo!